Search Results for: ADVANCED DELIVERY DEVICES The Staked
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Prefilled Syringes & Parenteral Manufacturing: Drug & Packaging Ensure Safety, Compatibility & Stability
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin highlights some of the key players in the market and where they are focusing their efforts to ensure products are of the highest quality, safe, and easy to use.
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Prefilled Syringes & Parenteral Manufacturing: A Rise in Biologics & Improved Technology Give Pharma Reasons to Consider Parenteral Delivery
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin speaks with some of the leading companies in this market to find out about key trends, packaging advancements, safety improvements, and technology developments.
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Injection Devices: Manufacturers Focus on 21st Century Technology While Still Tackling Traditional Challenges
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin highlights some of the key companies in the injectable delivery market that are focusing on advanced technology as well as the more traditional challenges related to breakage, leaching, and needlestick prevention.
Alan Shortall believes with dual-chamber syringes and other emerging device technologies now addressing key market requirements for intuitive reconstitution and injection, the pharmaceutical market for therapies suitable for reconstitution and mixing at the point of delivery is poised for significant rates of growth.
- SYRINGE SYSTEM – The Credence Companion Syringe System Delivers on Safety & Usability Using Human Factors Studies
John A. Merhige, MEM, and Lisa Caparra, RN, explain how development of the Companion product line has been driven by these two constituents, the innovation driven by the end-users’ needs and the avoidance of change driven by needs of the drug manufacturer.
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin spoke with some of the world’s leading device developers about their current injection technologies and how their devices are addressing the current trends and opportunities in the industry.
In this exclusive Drug Development & Delivery annual report, handheld injection experts provide their thoughts about the various factors backing the adoption of the devices including ease of use, pain-free delivery, and differentiation for product line extensions.
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Prefilled Syringes & Parenteral Contract Manufacturing: Anticipating the Needs of the Future
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin speaks with several companies in the prefilled syringe and parenteral manufacturing market that are offering a range of services and systems that cater to today’s issues as well as anticipating the needs of the future.
- ADVANCED DELIVERY DEVICES – Incorporating Patient-Centric Design Into a Novel Anti-Needlestick Safety Device
Sarah Baer, MBA, says the market for biotechnology drugs continues to grow, and there is a need for pharmaceutical companies to offer injection devices that support both the complex properties of the biologic as well as the needs of the end-user who will be performing the injection.
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Prefilled Syringes & Parenteral Contract Manufacturing – Product Differentiation Is Critical
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin speaks with several of these suppliers and manufacturers about the importance of customization and differentiation as the key to pharma companies staying competitive in the prefilled syringe space.
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin highlights in this annual report that new devices are coming to market that not only address the trends of home care and a need for delivering larger doses, but are also cleaning up the spotty reputation of early stage devices.
- ADVANCED DELIVERY DEVICES – Innovation Without Change: What is it & What Can it Mean for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers?
John A. Merhige, MEM, and Dan Thayer believe a rigorous, risky development and regulatory process forces pharmaceutical manufacturers into a bad compromise between advances in delivery systems and the time, cost, and risk associated with those advances.
- ADVANCED DELIVERY DEVICES – The Staked Needle Pre-Filled Syringe: Benefits, Conventional Limitations & a New Approach
Horst Koller and John A. Merhige, MEM, say the advantages of a Staked Needle Pre-Filled Syringe are clear and well documented, but significant risks remain. A new alternative is now available that addresses the known challenges and adds critical usability and safety features while preserving existing components and processes.
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Injectable Drug Delivery: New Technologies Deliver Biologics & Differentiate Brands
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin reports on a segment of the drug delivery industry that will see its market revenue double in just 5 years in response to a growing need to deliver highly viscous, high-volume drugs.