Search Results for: EXTERNAL DELIVERY PUMP IT UP
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Prefilled Syringes & Parenteral Manufacturing: A Rise in Biologics & Improved Technology Give Pharma Reasons to Consider Parenteral Delivery
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin speaks with some of the leading companies in this market to find out about key trends, packaging advancements, safety improvements, and technology developments.
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Injection Devices: Manufacturers Focus on 21st Century Technology While Still Tackling Traditional Challenges
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin highlights some of the key companies in the injectable delivery market that are focusing on advanced technology as well as the more traditional challenges related to breakage, leaching, and needlestick prevention.
- GLOBAL REPORT – 2017 Global Drug Delivery & Formulation Report: Part 2, Notable Product Approvals of 2017
In part 2 of this 4-part series, PharmaCircle in collaboration with Drug Development & Delivery, reviews the more interesting individual products approved throughout the past year.
T.R. Shantha, MD, PhD, FACA, says the market for new anti-diabetic therapeutic agents and their painless delivery is enormous and is sure drug companies and research scientists are in a race to develop a safer method other than the pulmonary and oral routes to deliver insulin.
- ADVANCED DELIVERY DEVICES – IntelliCap: An Intelligent, Electronic Capsule for Oral Drug Delivery & Development
Jeff Shimizu and Christoph Wanke, PhD, indicate electronic smart pills represent an emerging area with great potential for growth. Already established in the diagnostic area, the next move is into monitoring and drug delivery.
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin spoke with some of the world’s leading device developers about their current injection technologies and how their devices are addressing the current trends and opportunities in the industry.
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Prefilled Syringes & Parenteral Contract Manufacturing – Product Differentiation Is Critical
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin speaks with several of these suppliers and manufacturers about the importance of customization and differentiation as the key to pharma companies staying competitive in the prefilled syringe space.
- DRUG DEVICES – The Rise of the Bolus Injector – A New Device Class Enabling Long-Duration Subcutaneous Administration of Large-Dose Volume Biologics
Alan Shortall reviews Unilife’s bolus injectors for large-dose volume injectable therapies, and how Unilife is already working with a number of companies to customize each device to address the specific needs of a series of pipeline and approved molecules.
Stefan Hellbardt, PhD, Guenter Nadler, and Degenhard Marx, PhD, highlight the successful introduction of Aptar’s first CR/SF nasal spray pump and the first dermal dispenser on the US market.
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Injectable Drug Delivery: New Technologies Deliver Biologics & Differentiate Brands
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin reports on a segment of the drug delivery industry that will see its market revenue double in just 5 years in response to a growing need to deliver highly viscous, high-volume drugs.
- INJECTABLE MICROEMULSIONS – Prolonged-Release Injectable Microemulsions: Opportunities for Pain Treatment
Rajesh Dubey, PhD, and Luigi G. Martini, FRPharmS, MBA, indicate available technologies do not support development of certain formulations to treat pain; however, microemulsions with their unique features, can provide a viable alternative to develop such formulations.