Search Results for: PHARMACEUTICAL PACKAGING How Advances in
Mike Schaefers, PhD, and Mike Treadaway say more than ever, contract manufacturing must deliver continuous innovation and flexibility to accommodate the delivery of a wide range of drugs throughout each therapy’s lifecycle.
- ADVANCED DELIVERY DEVICES – Wearable Bolus Injectors – A New Class of Patient-Friendly Drug Delivery Systems
Michael D. Hooven, MSME, indicates bolus injectors represent one of the most exciting new opportunities in the field of medical devices, and his company’s focus on developing innovative technology in combination with an intense emphasis on Human Factors has resulted in a system that is unique in a number of ways.
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Prefilled Syringes & Parenteral Manufacturing: Drug & Packaging Ensure Safety, Compatibility & Stability
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin highlights some of the key players in the market and where they are focusing their efforts to ensure products are of the highest quality, safe, and easy to use.
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Prefilled Syringes & Parenteral Manufacturing: A Rise in Biologics & Improved Technology Give Pharma Reasons to Consider Parenteral Delivery
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin speaks with some of the leading companies in this market to find out about key trends, packaging advancements, safety improvements, and technology developments.
Sam de Costa, PhD, believes the launch of two stabilization and drug delivery platforms that have the potential to revolutionize the delivery of vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics, while significantly cutting costs, has attracted sharp interest from pharmaceutical and biotech companies around the world.
- AAV VECTOR MANUFACTURING – Challenges & Opportunities in the Manufacturing of AAV Vectors Used in the Delivery of Gene Therapy Treatments
Daniel C. Smith, PhD, indicates there remains a clear need for improved process productivities, and the need to develop manufacturing processes that can be applied to a wide number of AAV-based viral vector therapeutic candidates.
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Injection Devices: Manufacturers Focus on 21st Century Technology While Still Tackling Traditional Challenges
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin highlights some of the key companies in the injectable delivery market that are focusing on advanced technology as well as the more traditional challenges related to breakage, leaching, and needlestick prevention.
Alan Shortall believes with dual-chamber syringes and other emerging device technologies now addressing key market requirements for intuitive reconstitution and injection, the pharmaceutical market for therapies suitable for reconstitution and mixing at the point of delivery is poised for significant rates of growth.
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin speaks with several innovative companies on their science, techniques, and technologies aimed at improving bioavailability and solubility.
Eugene T. Polini, MBA, reviews how cryogenics has proven to be especially useful in the pharmaceutical industry, where cryogenic storage is being utilized to ensure the efficacy of advanced therapeutics, such as biologics and stem cell therapies.
- INDUSTRY PERSPECTIVES – What Surprised You the Most This Past Year?: Your Colleague’s Perspectives
The Global Formulation Report in this issue provided some interesting data on what has been happening in a number of key sectors over the past year. We thought it would be intriguing to hear what some of your colleagues said surprised them most.
- ORALLY DISINTEGRATING TABLETS – Novel Controlled Release Formulation for Orally Disintegrating Tablets Using Ion Exchange Resins
Abhijit Gokhale, PhD, and Praba Sundararajan indicate that drugs not typically amenable to ODT formulations include those that present taste-masking difficulties or require controlled or sustained release. However, as the demand for ODTs continues to grow, formulation scientists are exploring ways to adapt ODT formulations for drugs that require controlled or sustained release for optimal therapeutic benefits.
- EXECUTIVE INTERVIEW – Agere: Solubilization: Accessing Broader Chemistries by Integrating Fundamental Science With Automation for Greater Predictability
Drug Development Executive: Marshall Crew, President & CEO of Agere, discusses how the company is taking a different approach that leverages expertise, but relies heavily on the principles of physical chemistry to enable automation.
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Advancements in Drug Delivery Technologies Tackle Solubility & Bioavailability Challenges
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin speaks with several innovator companies to learn more about the latest advances in drug delivery to address the challenging issues of solubility and bioavailability today
- PACKAGING SOLUTIONS – New Deep-Drawn Alufoil Container Solves Crucial Packaging Issues for Vital Pharmaceutical Products
Georg Buchinger and Cora Helberg show how the adoption of aluminum containers for pharmaceutical products is a natural evolution of a technology used by packaging leaders since the 1990s, and an ideal prophylactic measure for the growing needs of demanding pharma customers.
Robert Becker, PhD, Chief Research Officer at Aptalis Pharma, discusses Patient Centric Drug Delivery and the company’s role in supporting patient compliance and driving commercial value through new drug formulations.
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Prefilled Syringes & Parenteral Contract Manufacturing: Biologics Present a New Set of Challenges
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin speaks with leading syringe developers and contract manufacturers to discuss how they are overcoming industry challenges and provides a look at some of the innovative advancements in prefilled syringe technology.
In this exclusive Drug Development & Delivery annual report, handheld injection experts provide their thoughts about the various factors backing the adoption of the devices including ease of use, pain-free delivery, and differentiation for product line extensions.
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Prefilled Syringes & Parenteral Contract Manufacturing: Anticipating the Needs of the Future
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin speaks with several companies in the prefilled syringe and parenteral manufacturing market that are offering a range of services and systems that cater to today’s issues as well as anticipating the needs of the future.
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin speaks with some of the leading companies operating in the injectables arena, and discovers this ever-evolving sector is witnessing some very specific and eye-opening trends that are affecting the market’s growth.
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Prefilled Syringes & Parenteral Contract Manufacturing – Product Differentiation Is Critical
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin speaks with several of these suppliers and manufacturers about the importance of customization and differentiation as the key to pharma companies staying competitive in the prefilled syringe space.