Search Results for: THERAPEUTIC FOCUS A New Patented
Bob Wieden presents a device he believes addresses the underlying anatomic and physiologic etiology of snoring and OSA in a simple but inventive way, and if developed, has the ability to increase patient compliance by reducing the use of CPAP machines, by making a sufferer’s life more comfortable, while preventing many of the contributing diseases.
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Prefilled Syringes & Parenteral Manufacturing: A Rise in Biologics & Improved Technology Give Pharma Reasons to Consider Parenteral Delivery
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin speaks with some of the leading companies in this market to find out about key trends, packaging advancements, safety improvements, and technology developments.
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Outsourcing Formulation Development & Manufacturing: Early-Stage Partnerships Are On The Rise
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin asked leading CMOs and CDMOs to describe the value-added services they offer with respect to formulation and manufacturing. Solving challenges of insufficient solubility, poor stability, identifying excipient candidates, and particle design topped their list of offerings.
- CELL THERAPIES – The Challenges & Possible Solutions for Transferring Cell Therapy From the Bench to the Industry
Lior Raviv, MMedSc, and Ohad Karnieli, PhD, discuss the significant emerging challenges in downstream processing of cell therapies focused mostly on allogeneic therapies.
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Formulation Development & Manufacturing – CDMOs Offer Speed, Advanced Technologies, & the Ability to Handle More Potent APIs
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin speaks with some of the industry’s leading CDMOs to highlight their capabilities in the areas of speed, quality, technology, and handling of complex APIs.
Sam de Costa, PhD, believes the launch of two stabilization and drug delivery platforms that have the potential to revolutionize the delivery of vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics, while significantly cutting costs, has attracted sharp interest from pharmaceutical and biotech companies around the world.
- EXECUTIVE INTERVIEW – Hermes Pharma: User-Friendly Dosage Forms, a Win-Win Situation for Patients & Pharma
Drug Development Executive: Dr. Thomas Hein, Director, Sales & Business Development at Hermes Pharma, discusses how user-friendly dosage forms help put patients first, their advantages for patients and pharmaceutical companies, as well as the challenges associated with their development and production.
Lucila Rocca, Healthcare Industry Analyst, Frost & Sullivan, indicates the Latin American Biosimilars market will grow at a significant rate in the next 5 years, and the importance of establishing rigorous regulation will stimulate this market growth.
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin talks with some leading Specialty Pharma companies to find out how they are formulating technologies to deter the growing problem of opioid abuse.
- FORMULATION DEVELOPMENT – Optimizing the Spray-Drying Parameters for a Formulation of Nanoparticles-In-Microparticles System of Acetazolamide
Parijat Pandey, MPharm, and Harish Dureja, PhD, examine the consequence of spray-drying parameters that are inlet temperature and feed rpm on entrapment efficiency, loading capacity, percentage yield, and particle size.
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Excipients: Manufacturers Look to Co-Processing as a Way of Improving Functionality
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin reports how leading excipient manufacturers are overcoming their own R&D challenges to deliver innovative excipients that address problems associated with both large and small molecules.
- FORMULATION DEVELOPMENT – Trends & Opportunities in Particle Design Technologies – Life Sciences & Biopharma in the Spotlight
Frost & Sullivan Analyst, Cecilia Van Cauwenberghe, MS, examines the observed trends in particle design and engineering technologies, as well as the main factors and opportunities driving the principal technological advances in the biopharmaceutical industry.
Kenneth B. Kirby and Chandan A.S. Alam, MD, are part of a team at Transdermal Delivery Solutions Corp. (TDSC) that has been leveraging its patented technology to develop a unique patchless, metered pump, spray-on drug delivery system and products.
- INNOVATION AWARDS – Drug Delivery Award Winners Move Innovation Needle; Formulation Takes Center Stage
Marc Dresner presents the three companies that were honored by their industry peers with prestigious awards for breakthrough drug delivery innovation at the Institute for International Researchâ€™s 17th annual Drug Delivery Partnerships conference.